Monday, November 9, 2009

Veterans Day

I am a veteran. Luckily, during my six years in the US Army, there were no major conflicts in which I was involved. However, almost all of my superiors with whom I served were combat veterans. I give thanks this Veterans Day for their sacrifice, and for all of those who give their very lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have today.
Regretfully, I believe that the most imminent threat to our Country today is coming from within, not from without. I believe the greatest threat to our freedoms is the almost total disregard of our Constitution. Every elected official in Washington swears to "uphold the Constitution", but then most do not even give it lip service. It will only be by restoring the Constitution to its rightful place as THE Law of the Land, that we will be able to truly honor those who have fought and died to defend it. I am a Constitutional Conservative. I believe that most of the problems with our government would be solved by a literal interpretation of the tenth amendment (the Federal government only has jurisdiction over those items enumerated in the Constitution.) Hopefully the Supreme Court will stop creating new laws, but rather start enforcing the Constitution.

However, until that happens, I believe the American People must do the following three things to save our country: 1. Pass a Constitutional Amendment to limit members of Congress to two terms. 2. Pass a Constitutional Amendment requiring a balanced budget. 3. Institute the "Fair Tax." See my earlier blog for more on these three topics.

1 comment: