Thursday, March 18, 2010

State v. Federal

Like many patriotic Americans, I have, for the first time, started writing (via email) my state and federal elected officials. I have written my State Congressman and Senator, as well as my Federal Representative and Senators. I have written concerning the health care bill, various Second Amendment issues, and what I believe is an almost total disregard for the United States Constitution by our elected officials.

I have received replies from every one of my Representatives, both State and Federal. However, I have noticed this; All of the replies from Washington were obviously form letters. Very polite and grateful to me for expressing my opinion, but no real response to my letter. In contrast, I believe that all of my responses from my State legislators were actual responses to my issues. Some of them may have come from aids or secretaries, but they all addressed the issues in my letter.

This sort of makes sense. Each Fed legislator represents a lot more people than a State rep.

AND THAT IS WHY I BELIEVE IN THE 10TH AMENDMENT, A SMALL FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, AND STATES' RIGHTS!

I have also written elected officials from other districts or states, usually after receiving a request for a donation. I have never received a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment