Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Basis

What does "basis" mean? The basis is the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained. It is the score from which the song is played. Without knowledge of the basis, chaos will emerge. It  has been said that poetic text is the basis for music. I do not know if that is true, or if I agree, or if I disagree. I do not even know what I would want to be the basis for music if I could choose. I just do not know. But I know I like music. I know that music is orderly. I know that music has certain standards and laws that determine how it works. I know that styles of music may change, but the foundation, the basis, MUST remain the same, or it is just noise, not music. I can enjoy the fruits of music without knowing the basis. But in order to create music, I must know the basis. In order to judge music, I must know the basis. In order for future generations to continue creating and enjoying music, the basis must be taught to new artists.


The basis of the United States is the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. The basis of these founding documents is the Holy Bible. These are verifiable facts. There are hundreds of documents that confirm these fundamental assumptions. Our forefathers stated their beliefs clearly, even in the face of death. There was no "politi-speak." They did not talk around the truth, and they did not waiver in their convictions. They were Statesmen, not politicians. I can like living in the United States and enjoy its sweet song without knowing the basis of our country. But in order for our country to survive, someone must remember the basis upon which it is built. If we forget the basis, chaos will emerge, and future generations will never know the beauty that is America.

Now is the time to remember the basis that makes our country great. We must study the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Holy Bible to insure that we are able to give our children and grandchildren the same opportunities that we have to live, grow and succeed in the greatest nation on earth, the United States of America. We must elect Statesmen who know the basis of our country and promise to uphold the legacy provided by our founding fathers.

Vote November 2, 2010. Vote for Constitutionally limited government, fiscal responsibility, and free-market capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment