Saturday, May 8, 2010

Second Childhood

Some men handle their second childhood by buying sports cars or sweet, young wives. I am experiencing my second childhood (or it could be my third) by re-reading books that I liked when I was young. I have just recently finished reading Exodus by Leon Uris (my favorite book) for the probably the fifth or sixth time. I also went way back and re-read My Side of the Mountain by Jean George, which I first read in the fifth grade. I am currently reading Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain are in waiting. Who knows, I may start wearing bell-bottoms and platform shoes!

3 comments:

  1. I second the "please don't" plea from Robbie on bell-bottoms and platform shoes...I think you should stick to the button down and sweater vests! They look super nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are no fun. I say Please Do!!! At least for long enough to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete